2016. december 29., csütörtök

List of gratitude 2016


This year was a hard and difficult one and not only for the world and Europe, but also personally. Although I didn’t face major crises or dangers, it was full with big decisions and lot of small or medium struggles, deadlines I need to pass. It consumed lot of my energies, patience which affected severely some of my friendly bonds too.
Despite of these big obstacles however, I still have a lot of amazing, thankful memories from this year. As a tradition since some years, here is my list of gratitude for 2016:
-          I’m thankful for my relatively good health
-          Thankful for my friends, especially for those who are still with me after this hard year
-          Thankful for my nice trip in Rome – the 4th time since I visited the Eternal City yearly
-          Thankful for publishing my first monograph
-          Thankful for meeting a large number of amazing scholars at the 5 conferences I organized or attended this year
-          Thankful for my few, but good friends from Erfurt  for helping me in the last months
        Thankful to have the chance to listen live David Gilmour, my musical icon
-          Thankful for friends and colleagues from Mainz to survive the last months of writing my Ph.D – my hardest summer ever
-          Thankful for my family for their patience in September, just before I submitted the thesis
-          Thankful for finishing the Ph.D. thesis – the biggest work I have done till now
-          Thankful to find a kind of stability – at least for a while – in Cluj-Kolozsvár again and some nice friends here, who didn’t forget me after 4 years of living abroad

Let’s hope, the next year will be much easier, calmer and will test less our patience, fears and we will face less obstacles.
Happy new year and lot of happiness and success for everyone!





Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése