2017. december 30., szombat

List of gratitude 2017


I write a list of gratitude since 4 years now. It’s a great opportunity to summarize a year and its events and to select those precious moments, which worth to remember for our short, personal „eternity”.
This year – in contrast with the last one – was less stressful in the world and in my life too, however important changes occurred in my personal life in 2017. It was the first year since 2012, which I spent entirely in Cluj again: a challenge for me indeed after 4 years abroad. It was also the first year, when I was trying to maintain my academic activity while working outside of academia. While this year was a terrible one for the country I choose to live in for a while again, 2017 was kind of a year of transition for me, with 2-3 milestones or big decisions.
Despite of this, I had numerous amazing experiences and moments in this year for which I’m really grateful. 

Here is my list of gratitude of 2017:

- I’m thankful for my relatively good health
- Thankful for my colleagues and my supervisors who helped me in my doctoral defense and my last month in Erfurt.
- thankful for my first ever visit to Denmark
- thankful for my present job and the help of those kind colleagues, who helped me to accommodate to the new situation
- thankful for the publishers, sponsors and all the great people working on my latest book and those who worked with me in the book presentations during this autumn
- thankful for the amazing moments at the Depeche Mode and Moderat concerts
- thankful for my colleagues who contributed to the first proceedings focusing on the histories of archaeology in Central-East Europe and for my colleagues from Cluj who worked extremely hard for it
- thankful for the faith of my few but amazing friends in Budapest, Cluj, Erfurt and my family for their kindness and patience
- thankful for those short, but amazing meetings with some special friends I met this year
- and finally, I’m thankful for my 30th birthday and the hundreds of good wishes. Once, someone told me, that at this age I will have my biggest dream already come true: I will work at a university. Well, this is not a reality yet, but just few weeks before my birthday I was asked to be a lecturer of two courses.
I hope, next year will be similarly rich in nice moments or even more dynamic and we can enjoy our short earthly walk together more often, more peaceful and more mature too.

I wish you all a beautiful 2018 and all the joy you need!




1 megjegyzés: